Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Happy Place

Another day in paradise. I can imagine no place better than this one.


No end in sight. The blueberries just keep coming.



My friend, Ms. Chin, is one of many neighborhood cats who spend lots of time in my garden.



I recently added a golden piggy back plant to this shady area beneath the dogwood. Its luminous color is unreal.



This is a new guy who showed up today. This evening there there were three cats (none of which live here) lounging around. I don't even grow catnip.



This Mountain Mahogany is a relatively new addition to the front yard. It is spiky and scrubby and reminds me of beautiful dry mountain terrain in Eastern Oregon.



Yay! The Japanese Anemones, one of my favorite garden flowers, are blooming.



The white Clematis and the Japanese Anemones make a pleasant welcome near the front steps.



One of my favorite new additions, Acidanthera, or Peacock Orchid (I don't think it's really an orchid.) is showing very nicely. I planted them as bulbs in the winter. I think I will try to find more to add this winter.



The woodland look is coming along.



I mowed the lawn a few days ago but couldn't bear to cut the clover patch. The bees are making good use of it. It just didn't seem right to cut it down



Sunlight on wispy grasses and poppies nearly done.


Thanks for visiting. Hope you are enjoying the beautiful garden too.

No comments:

Post a Comment