Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bulb PlantingTIme

Yesterday was a brilliant jewel of a day. Warm, clear air, vibrant colors. Unfortunately the camera on my new iPhone really sucks a**. ( It's a 3Gs, not 4G. Given that the Apple Store replaced the one I accidentally drowned, for FREE, I shouldn't complain.) I took some photos of good garden sights while out on my bike but the photos are not fit for sharing.

Yesterday I planted Scottish Red shallots, Nootka Rose garlic, and Italian Late garlic. I'm curious as to the Nootka Rose name, as it is actually a native rose plant. Why did they named a garlic variety for it?

I also planted some white tulips interspersed with a few Queen of Nights.

There is a big bag of daffodils still sitting on my kitchen counter, but due to soggy weather those will have to wait for planting.

I unsuccessfully tried to find some more lovely Acidanthera. I wonder why they are so uncommon.

No comments:

Post a Comment