Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Garden Update

If I eat another tomato, I think I will choke. But they are still coming. I'm drying and canning them as fast as I can.

These leeks have been slow coming, but they are finally starting to look promising. I tried one last night in my roasted veggies. They really aren't big enough to harvest yet. Go leeks. Go leeks. Come on leeks.

The red chard has been making a heartier appearance lately. It was pretty much decimated by leaf miners earlier in the summer.

"Black" hollyhock and cosmos.

The cosmos are about 8' high and falling over.

FINALLY an eggplant! Come on baby!

2 comments:

  1. Too many tomatoes!? I didn't think that was possible, especially in Portland where we didn't really have much heat this summer. Have you tried oven roasting/drying them? It's my favorite way to make use of "extra" tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've been drying them like crazy! They are delicious and are nice and compact for storage. Funny how 6 quarts can dry down to fit in a pint jar.

    ReplyDelete