Saturday, September 18, 2010

Coops

I'm beginning to think about chicken coops. I definitely do not want some ratty old poop encrusted hut.

The Eglu by Omlet is a very cool, easy to clean and easy to set up coop. They seem a bit small, but perhaps I am anthropomorphizing. They come in a variety of bright colors.

They also make these great behives. (That will be my next project after the house improvements, garden, and chickens.)


The Cocorico by Maxine Evard (via Yanko Design) looks great. I wonder if the run structure is strong enough to keep predators out. At this point it looks like a concept, so who knows if it will ever be built and available to buy.

Nice flat-pack design by Chicken Crib.



Nice looking Breed Retreat concept by Fredrick Roijé. But is it functional?

2 comments:

  1. craigslist is actually a good resource too. Some people sell lovely coops they are no longer using. I'll be joining you soon on your chicken raising adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - I've always wished there were some good animal abodes for people who care about design. These are gorgeous. I really want the stacking concept coop to become a reality.

    ReplyDelete